Alternative Credit

J. Gibbs, Chair

Division Faculty Member Term Expiration (June)
Arts, Communication & Hospitality Mara Baker 2023
Arts, Communication & Hospitality Mary Beth Leone 2024
Business & Applied Technology David Ellis 2022
Business & Applied Technology Joe Aranki 12/2022
Liberal Arts Maria Ritzema 2023
Liberal Arts Ben Whisenhunt 2023
Nursing & Health Sciences Julie Gibbs 2022
Nursing & Health Sciences Joe Gilles 2024
Science, Technology, Engineering & Math Beth Kirkpatrick 2023
Science, Technology, Engineering & Math Kevin Fink 2023
Social/Behavioral Sciences & the Library Dan Blewett 2022
Social/Behavioral Sciences & the Library Shannon Brown 2022
Counseling Rosie Carbajal-Romo 2023

Information on Alternative Credit

The Committee is comprised of 13 members (2 for each Academic Division and 1 for Counseling). The Committee meets once during the Fall and Spring Terms each Academic year. Appointments are for a Three Year Term, beginning June.

Alternative Credit application forms are available through the COD Portal under FORMS. Refer to Section J1 of the faculty contract. Alternative credit is a process by which contact hours of scholarly activity may be earned and used for Range Changes. (40 contact hours = 1 semester hour of credit).

Alternative credits can be granted to full-time Faculty members who have participated in professional development/scholarly activities pertinent to their teaching. Such activities include presentations at conference, publishing, research, conference and workshop attendance, public art exhibitions, outside work experiences, etc.

Prior to the start of any outside work or scholarly activity, you will need to obtain approval of the project or work from your Administrative Dean and state your intent to use the activity for Alternative Credit.

For more information, contact your Committee representative.