There are four types of committees at the College of DuPage: College-Wide, Contractual, Divisional, and Senate.
- College-Wide committees are jointly appointed (50-50) by the Senate and by Administration (or Committee Chair). (See the Contractual Agreement, A 6. Committee Participation.)
- Contractual committees are appointed by the Faculty Senate.
- Divisional committees are appointed by the Divisions according to their own internal processes.
- Senate committees are appointed by the Faculty Senate
Committee on Committees Process
- Requests for faculty participation on College-wide committees are made using the Committee Request Form. Requests for other types of committees can be made by contacting the CODFA Membership Director (or designee).
- Calls for FT faculty volunteers are made via email from the CoC email address: email@example.com
- Faculty submit their interest via a form that includes a brief narrative statement of interest, applicable experience, and a list of committee participation history. This form is located at: https://goo.gl/7yQl0i Volunteers MUST submit their interest via this form to be considered. Each committee call will have a deadline date.
- The CODFA Membership Director or designee will compile the list of volunteers for Senate review. Senators are responsible for advocating for their constituents who apply for committees. Faculty are strongly encouraged to contact their Senators when applying for committees.
- Volunteers are notified of appointment/non-appointment to committees.
- For College-Wide committees, the requesting Administrator/Committee Chair will be notified of Senate-appointed faculty members and given a list of the remaining volunteers, if any. At this point in the process, the Administrator/Chair can select from the remaining volunteers or appoint members of their own choosing. The Committee on Committees will extend or re-run calls for volunteers, if requested.
Questions about committee appointments? Contact the CODFA Membership Director (or designee) at firstname.lastname@example.org